Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Tracking for Curry Elvis Cooks
]]>
Google
 
Web curryelviscooks.blogspot.com
 


« Home | Bitesize 4 - Cookbook Fetish » | Bitesize 3 - Step Right Up And Get Your Grilled Ch... » | Bitesize 2 - Wine Headaches - Its All In Your Head » | Bitesize 1 - Garlic and Ginger Tidbits » | French Toast with Brie and Figs » | Sunset Vodka Ice Tea » | Chinese BBQ Pork + East Indian Lentil Soup » | Meatball Rotini Soup » | Grilled Cheese Deluxe with Roasted Red Peppers » | Multigrain Veg Sandwich »

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Bitesize 5 - Opening Soon? Starting Your Own Restaurant

Not sure if countries other than Canada have it, but there's a TV show on Food Network Canada called "Opening Soon". If you're a foodie, you probably already know about it. It gives a very thorough rundown of many aspects of opening a new restaurant, from contractor problems to city licenses to waitstaff and promotion.

It's an incredibly scary show in that it's extremely thorough in presenting what can and often does go wrong when opening a restaurant. Despite this, after 2-3 years of watching, I want to open my own restaurant even more than I did, say, 15 years ago. I watch it religiously, even viewing repeat episodes up to 4 or 5 times. I'm one of those poor deluded souls that, if he could, would take on a mortgage to open my own fusion cuisine restaurant, but without the arrogance and snobbery that seems to inhabit many such establishments. Anyone else? What kind of restaurant would you open, if you could? Would you cook, run the place, or just sit back and rake in the profits? Let me know and I'll post some of the responses here. My email's rdash001-at-yahoo-dot-ca [secret-coded to avoid evil spambots]. Include a link to your food-related blog, if you have one.

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://curryelviscooks.blogspot.com


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm blogslinger
  • From Canada
  • Writer, author, former magazine editor and publisher, amateur photog, amateur composer, online writer/ blogger, online publisher, freelancer


Curry Elvis Cooks Multi-Blog/ Site

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger Templates
Food & Drink Blog Top Sites