Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Tracking for Curry Elvis Cooks
]]>
Google
 
Web curryelviscooks.blogspot.com
 


« Home | Modular Sandwich: Artichoke, Cucumber and Ham on F... » | Bitesize 7 - Are You Eating That? Battling Anorexia » | Bitesize 6 - Food Fetishes and the New Dancing Die... » | Bitesize 5 - Opening Soon? Starting Your Own Resta... » | Bitesize 4 - Cookbook Fetish » | Bitesize 3 - Step Right Up And Get Your Grilled Ch... » | Bitesize 2 - Wine Headaches - Its All In Your Head » | Bitesize 1 - Garlic and Ginger Tidbits » | French Toast with Brie and Figs » | Sunset Vodka Ice Tea »

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bite Size 8 - Who's That Chef Running Around Your Store?

When I worked in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 5 summers ago, I always found it amusing that of the three Chinese restaurants I went to near Smyrna, Georgia, nearly all the cooks were Latino-Americans. What's odder still, in an Indian restaurant next door to one of these Chinese restaurants, there was an Oriental cook there. People often think Americans are closed-minded, but I find that at least when it comes to restaurants and their staff, Canada (or at least the province of Ontario) is closed-minded. You won't find several members of one cultural group cooking in a restaurant of a different cuisine.

Over the past 4 calendar years, I worked in a number of fusion cuisine restaurants in Ontario and found it difficult to be considered at some of them for anything more than dishwashing or appetizers, even though I knew how to cook most of the dishes. It's as if the owners were afraid of offending patrons. Now that said, I did work in a Vietnamese restaurant for a while. In fact, two Vietnamese restaurant owners had offered to sell their business to me. As a big fan of Vietnamese food, had I had the money, I would have bought both places. And probably hired French chefs :)

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://curryelviscooks.blogspot.com


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm blogslinger
  • From Canada
  • Writer, author, former magazine editor and publisher, amateur photog, amateur composer, online writer/ blogger, online publisher, freelancer


Curry Elvis Cooks Multi-Blog/ Site

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger Templates
Food & Drink Blog Top Sites